Monday, July 02, 2007

Derby Dash

I freelanced another Roller Derby event over the weekend. It was the Arkansas Killbillies vs Dallas' Assassination City. So of course there was a little Texas hating in the stands.

It was good times, at least once I got past some lighting issues. I had just spent a few hours trying to run lights at an outdoor rodeo arena, so I was not enthusiastic about setting up more lights for the roller derby. When one of my sync cords didn't work, I had to get creative. I did have a chord to connect my pocket wizard to my camera flash, so I clamped my small camera flash behind one of the white lightnings. That way when I fired my little flash, the slave on the White lightening would make the big light fire. I didn't think it was actually going to work and sync correctly, but it did. After modifying the slave sensor so only my close up flash would set it off, I was back in business



"Blackzilla" throws down in an arm wrestling match

Clearly a good time had by all.

3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

where's the good stuff? i thought the girls get naked at those things, don't they? no really, don't they?

Michelle Hedegard said...

You missed out! That's what you get for NOT COMING TO THE BOUT Marc! Hahahaha.

:)
Clothed Rollergirl.

tracie said...

i saw you wondering around there! i yelled at you a couple of times, but the screams of the (incredibly eclectic) crowd drowned me out.

it was my first time at a roller derby, im trying to convince my editor that we need to cover them...no such luck thus far, HAH