Friday, August 03, 2007

Bingo!

It was a hot time in the old town of Prairie Grove last night. The illegal bingo parlour just went legit this week, now that the state of Arkansas has kindly agreed to let "charitable gambling" fly. As long as the state gets it cut, of course. So a reporter and I trotted a few towns over to see what these places were all about. I kind of expected a bunch of bitter bingo bitties, but everyone was super nice and just loved playing. Only one woman wouldn't let me photograph her, joking that a good Southern Baptist like her shouldn't be seen in a place like this. "It's still illegal for me," she said.

Dobbing awaySo close to bingoNot close enough

Trying to get lucky

(tee hee)

Elvis lives

3 comments:

Wes Putt said...

this is seriously some of the best stuff I've seen in a while of any indoor event.

my favorite is the first one.

Z-Man said...

huh...huh...huh..... "Hot Balls"...huh..huh..huh.

Marc F. Henning said...

z-man said "balls." that's cool.