Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On The Bayfront



Today was my first day on the new job, and I have yet to get an assignment. So after my dinner break I trotted on down to the Corpus Christi Bayfront for a quick look. I realize this is probably the equivalent of shooting photos at Murphy Park (if you are unfamiliar, Murphy Park in Springdale, Ark., is the big popular city park where photographers trade in tiny pieces of their souls for quick feature art). I figured I'd get it out of my system before the real shooting begins, hopefully tomorrow.

6 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

"Murphy Park in Springdale, Ark., is the big popular city park where photographers trade in tiny pieces of their souls for quick feature art."

that's funny! glad to see you made it and all's well in Corpus Christi. knock em dead Michael.

Ken said...

Good Luck!

Z-Man said...

NIce ducks!

Michael said...

Thanks!

By the way Marc, I totally wanted to post some photos from the trip down here. Unfortunately I don't have gear of my own, so I was cameraless until I started working. Well, I did take a few (bad) shots with my dinosaur N90, but who knows if I will ever actually develop the roll.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

We've all got Murphy Parks. Mine is called Frame Park, and I've had to use it on more than one occasion, when in a jam.

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you made it there safely and didn't make Hurricane Dean's List!

I think Denise Malan works at the same paper, I could be wrong but if so, tell her I said a big ole Hello!