Thursday, August 30, 2007

MIA Culpa

I need to work on my aim, apparently. A shot from the island, of some guy detecting metal on the beach. Its like every other metal-detector-guy photo I've shot, except it's on the beach, making it 87% more awesome. At right is the photo I did turn in. I don't like it as much because the guy is dead centered and has an awkward look on his face. Doesn't matter anyway. The photo won't get used because I got pwned by another photographer who shot a much better piece of beach weather art. My fault. I'll get it next time.

It's been a while since I blogged some tunes, I've noticed. Can't have that. All that ACL music isn't going to listen to itself.

I finally got my hands on the new M.I.A. CD the other day, and it is insane. The London-born rapper/singer is on the lineup for the ACL music festival next month, and I am super excited. Her songs have chaotic and pounding beats that overwhelmed me at first. But the second song on the CD, "Bird flu," quickly blew me away. Yes, that does sound like a squawking chicken. So fantastic.

Bird Flu.mp3 by M.I.A.
Jimmy.mp3 by M.I.A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand people like you...with your breezy beach attitude!