Friday, August 17, 2007

Moving On

Well, yesterday was my last day at The Morning News. I will now spend the next day and a half furiously packing and begin my trip from Fayetteville, Ark., down to my new job at the Caller-Times in Corpus Christi. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll have some hurricane photos to blog when I get down there.

For now, here are the last two assignments I shot on my last day of work. Above and left are photos from move-in day at the University of Arkansas.

These two are from the first day of class at a new private Catholic school. Since it was the first day teachers hadn't sent out media releases to parents. So other than the principal's kid and a few she knew about, the majority of the kids couldn't be identified.

I am looking forward to my new job, but I will definitely miss many of the people I have worked with over the last four years. Your friendship and inspiring work has been greatly appreciated. I wish you all the best.

8 comments:

Ken said...

Are they cool with you blogging at the Texas paper?

Melissa said...

they better be cool with it.

zamora, you're going to make me cry this weekend.

Wes Putt said...

I'm already crying.

Robbie Hammer said...

Good luck in your new job Michael, they will miss you in Arkansas.

Marc F. Henning said...

enjoyed hangin' with you at the party tonight. have a safe trip man. gotta give us some kind of travel update on the blog. don't pack that camera away. keep it in the U-Haul (or Penske) on the seat next to you.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Good luck, Michael. A new move is always a mix of excitement and melancholy over leaving your old paper and home.

Neemah said...

looking forward to your new posts. change is a great form of inspiration.

Gary Payne said...

So how is it in Corpus? I doubt those people in photo remember me.