Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Lord Give Me Grace And Dancing Feet

It seems like I've been shooting a lot of church assignments lately. I guess it comes with working on Sundays.

Last week a church burned down. Sunday was their first service since the fire, held in their church gym. I thought this image helped tell the story. Kind of clean, simple and the basketball goal in the back added that displaced element.

Overall, though, I felt there was something missing from my photos. I got people in them, but there seemed to be a human element missing. When I looked back over what I had shot, the images seemed very detached, almost cold. I think I went in so focused on showing the overall image that I missed the individual emotion that would have livened up these photos.



By the way, it's new-music Tuesday, and the new Bloc Party CD, "A Weekend in the City," comes out today. I've been sitting on these two tracks for the last month, waiting for the right time to post them. It was kind of now or never today. The first one is the band's lead single. The second song is the reason I'm actually going to go out and buy their CD. I'm not big Bloc Party fan, but I'm kind of excited about this album.

The Prayer.mp3
by Bloc Party
Kreuzberg.mp3 by Bloc Party

2 comments:

Melissa said...

do you feel closer to god now?

Anonymous said...

Good thing God missed their gym.