Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All Stars

Clearly I was inspired by Benoit Charest's "Cabaret Hoover." Mostly, though, my first foray into video is inspired by visual journalists like Richard Koci Hernandez and Phil Wartena, who are more creative on their down time then I am all week.

So I borrowed a friend's video camera and invaded photo/media day, the first event in the Arkansas High School Coaches Association's All Star Week. I actually really look forward to this day each year. Even though it gets crazy and I only get a few moments with each kid, it gives me a chance to be creative and focus on taking nice portraits. I still need some work on my video skills, but I'm happy with how this came out. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

8 comments:

Ken said...

The video is good. Thanks for including the finished photos at the end. How long did the video edit take?

(I wish we had all that nice lighting equipment.)

Michael said...

I spent about four hours editing last night, then finished it off this morning in about three hours. iMovie is pretty easy to use, but there was a lot of trial and error to get things to work out like I wanted.

Melissa said...

you know you're too good for Northwest Arkansas, right?

Marc F. Henning said...

really, really cool michael. that's going on our website right?

shut up melissa! (:

Philip Wartena said...

Nice Work Mike!!! Much love for the plug, but don't sell yourself short man, that was a thing of beauty. It lets people see the chaos of cameras, cords & crowds that we deal with day in and day out to make purty pictures look effortless. Love the soundtrack too, perfect. I expect no less though from someone who pairs music with photography like I do milk and ceareal. ~Phil

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool. :D

Z-Man said...

great video, needs to be on the am news website though. nice job
z

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Mike.