Saturday, June 09, 2007

City Limit Saturday

Maybe it was all the hype- the overload of Internet buzz from bloggers falling all over themselves to jump on the Arcade Fire bandwagon. Maybe I just wasn't into that kind of music at the time. Whatever the reason, I decided a while ago that Canadian group Arcade Fire wasn't my thing.

All that changed a few days ago during a visit to my local Hastings. A missing label on one of the listening stations intrigued me as I strapped on the headphones for the mystery album and started listening. It wasn't long before I was waving down an employee to find out what I was hearing. I'm not going to gush about how brilliant it is or say its the greatest album ever. It isn't always and it's not. What I will say is that there is something comfortable, yet intriguing about their music. The instrumentation is refreshing, and there are some wonderful moments on the album worth hearing. I can't wait to see them live in September.

Preview Tracks: Keep The Car Running.mp3, Neon Bible.mp3
Artist Website: arcadefire.com
Hear More Music: Arcade Fire on The Hype Machine
Buy Music: Neon Bible, Funeral
ACL Online: Festival Lineup, Buy Tickets

No comments: