Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dog-Gone Summer

Today is the last day of summer, so that meant it was time for the city's annual Dog-A-Poolooza. Dogs and their owners are invited to the public pool for a season-ending dip before the pool is drained and cleaned. It was actually kind of cool, but I don't envy the guy that has to pull all the dog hair out of the pool filter.

I had actually planned on getting in the water, and wore my swim trunks under my pants all day. It was hot, but I thought it would be worth it. When I got there, though I had second thoughts. I've already broken one camera in my brief month of employment here. The last thing I wanted was to have some dog knock my camera into the pool. And by some dog, I mean me.

And just for Will, a little wide-angle dog photos.

2 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Great work. I love the slide shots.

Mark M. Hancock said...

Very cool. Every city should do this.