Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Man With No Plan

I've turned off my cell phone, shoved a whole bunch of clothes into the largest bag I have and picked up a brand new road map at Wal-Mart. Time to get my vacation on.

The fun part is, I don't know where I'm going. Through a series of pointless events, I ended up with a week off from work with no place to go. Rather then save the vacation time or just sit home, I am leaving town and not coming back for a week. There are a few restrictions, but every good game has rules, right?

1. I have to be in Tulsa Saturday afternoon - Well, not have to be, but I agreed to go to the Tulsa/UNT game to watch my Alma Mater, the Mean Green, get killed on the football field. It's the only destination that is planned. The rest is wide open

2. I can only spend $350, roughly the amount of my last mileage check.

3. I have to go somewhere I've never been.

So my first stop was a little place called Altus. It isn't all that unusual for someone from Northwest Arkansas to go down to Arkansas wine country for a visit, but I had never been. I was on my way east with no real destination, saw a sign and figured I might as welll stop.

I had some wine, went up and visited this hill top Catholic Church and then continued on my way. I'm in North Little Rock right now, trying to blog off of someone's open wireless connection in some randon suburb. From here I'll continue east to Memphis, or maybe head south to Louisiana. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: