Friday, September 29, 2006

Bikes, Booze and Blogging News

The annual Bikes, Blues and BBQ rally has invaded Fayetteville. I really could have done without it this year, but nobody really checked with me on this one.

There was something significant about today though. Today is the first day I blogged for my newspaper. The newspaper's blog went live with the start of the rally, and in the middle of my first day of shooting the rally I posted a couple of pics.

Now one of the reason I started 3x5 was to get used to writing and updating a blog. I wish more people on our staff had done that, because it is obvious that some of the people posting don't really know what a blog is.

As of now I'm not a fan, mostly because Blogger is so pretty, and our newspaper's blog is kind of rigid and ugly. But also, we have a set of rules we have to follow, which include such gems as "stay on topic," "don't post personal opinions," and "don't insult anyone." How can they send me to a biker rally and not expect me to make fun of someone?

Now these people I actually liked. Their clothing choices may be kind of crazy, but there was something wonderful about them. I just had to stop them to include them in a slideshow I was making. When I told the woman I thought they looked fantastic, she jokingly replied "Then I have serious questions about your photographic eye." If I had a nickel for every time I heard that...

And I just loved this picture. The lead singer, at right, was walking through the crowd for a little audience participation. Its obvious she is not impressed with the white girl who thinks she can sing.

2 comments:

eric3000 said...

Hey Michael, interesting blog. Thanks for reading my PR recap. Glad you liked it!

Brandon said...

Hey Michael,
Thanks for the kind words. You caught me like 2 min before an update.
Where did you find my blog? EAW?

Anyway, I really liked flipping through your entries, and I definitely sympathize with your sportrait woes.