Saturday, September 02, 2006

DW-I Got Nothing




So last night after I shot my first high school football game of the year (is it basketball season yet?), I had to go out to Middle-Of-No-Where, Arkansas, and take pictures of police pulling over drunk drives at a DWI checkpoint. They didn't actually arrest anyone for drunk driving at the checkpoint, but they did pull several people over for having no insurance/license/common sense.

This photo, for some reason or another, I kinda like. I'm not sure if its really cool and dramatic (with the cool angle, bold crop, blurred hands showing motion and the driver freaking out in the background) or if its just a big mess (with the bad angle, awkward crop, blurry hands showing I can't focus and the not-drunk-but-possibly-misleading-looking-drunk driver in the background).

I had other stuff (safer stuff) from the assignment I turned in as well, but this was the only one that really stood out and seemed interesting and different to me. Maybe I just need to cut back on the diet Mountain Dew.

No comments: