Monday, September 25, 2006

Patience Pays Off

So today I was dead set on shooting something blog worthy, and with my last assignment I finally did. I was shooting at the local Boys and Girls Club for a story on non-profits that benefit from an annual biker festival each year. I really wanted to shoot something clean and graphic.

With the top photo the hard part was waiting for the gym floor to clear at the same time the boy was lined up with the cutouts on the wall in the back. The photo from the rock wall on the right took a little longer. The light was falling on what apparently was the hardest section of the wall. I was worried the light would shift off the wall before someone actually made it to the top, but finally this girl did. I had a picture of her reaching into the light that I liked too, but I thought this one, where she is descending and silhouetted by the light, was cooler.

In other news...

My brother sent me some MP3's over the weekend, and I have really gone crazy over one song in particular. Every so often there are songs that I just go totally gay for. I listen to them repeatedly over and over- in the car, on my computer, at work, at night before I go to bed, in the morning when I wake up- I just can't stop myself. In the last year there have been two songs that reached that level, "Mushaboom" by Feist, and "Not About Love" by Fiona Apple (the leaked, bootleg version). Now I have a third: "Us," by Regina Spektor.

Like Feist, "Us" has a totally trippy, awesome video. Like Fiona, its heavy on the strings and piano. All three are kind of weird, whimsical and random. It clearly takes very little to amuse me. Listen first, judge me later.

1) Us by Regina Spektor
2) Mushaboom by Feist
3) Not About Love by Fiona Apple

No comments: