Thursday, September 14, 2006

Meet Me in St. Louis


So there's a whole bunch of stuff I could say about St. Louis, but who cares anymore. During my four-hour, middle-of-the-night drive here from Memphis I kind of regretted heading this way, but that is no more. Why?

MUSE!

I went online to see what was going on in St. Louis this morning. That's when I saw that tonight, the band Muse was playing. I was even more excited when I realized it wasn't sold out. I quickly bought my ticket online. It's all I've been able to think about all day.

The reason for this whole random trip is because I asked for time off to go to the Austin City Limits music festival, which starts tomorrow. When the line up came out, there was no one I was really dying to see. I dragged my feet buying tickets, and before I knew it they were sold out. Later I would come to discover Muse, who was added late to the lineup, and for the last few weeks I have regretted not buying a ticket.

You may never hear from me again, because when Muse plays Take A Bow tonight my head will probably explode. That songs blows me away. I can't believe I get to see Muse!

Anyway, more photos from the arch:

A view from the top

The scary pod you have to ride to get there. One of my recurring nightmares is getting trapped in an elevator that starts moving sideways, diagonal and upside down. This was about as close as I want to get to that again.

And some more black and whites. This is a line of people waiting to load their pods and descend back down.

An older couple holds hands while they leave the park.

The Man With The Horsehead Steals Our Hearts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man...you should check out the St. Louis Zoo. I think it's free and pretty cool.