Sunday, September 17, 2006

Saturday Night Lights

So I'm back in good ol' Fayetteville, Ark., but not before a stop at my only scheduled destination, Tulsa.

While there I visited my former roommate Jeff, now a law school student, and got to watch the University of Tulsa beat up on my Alma Mater, the University of North Texas. It was good times. I had fun hanging with Jeff and his new law school friends. I thought it was kind of funny that some of his new friends had striking similarities to his old friends in Fayetteville: A fun, witty girl named Sarah, a party girl who likes to drink named Kristen and a Jewish guy that likes to cook named Zac. I don't know if I should be honored or offended that there wasn't a short, quiet guy named Michael in the mix.

I didn't take many picture the last two days. Tulsa was kind of uninspiring for me. I was also dead tired. I turned what should have been a six hour trip from St. Louis to Tulsa into a 14 hour nightmare. I left St. Louis about midnight, got tired after an hour, pulled over and fell asleep in my car behind a gas station for three hours, drove another hour, pulled over and slept in my car in a veterans home parking lot for about 3 more hours, then rushed to make it Tulsa in time. We went out to a bar during and after the game, and I was falling asleep at the table by about 10 p.m.

The only good thing about being in the car for so long was it gave me plenty of time to become familiar with my new CD. I promise this is the last time I will blog about Muse for a while, but the concert was just so good it's all that's been on my mind. During the concert they played a fair amount of songs from their previous CD, Absolution. They were all fantastic, so before I left St. Louis I picked up their previous CD. Here's a couple that were particularly exciting to hear live. Did I mention how much fun I had at the Muse concert?

Apocalypse Please.mp3
Butterflies and Hurricanes.mp3

OK, time to pop open the wine I bought in Altus. Seems like a fitting way to end this random week.

No comments: