Sunday, October 01, 2006

Such Great Heights

So I've been to the Life Adventure Center in Springdale several times, but I've never been motivated enough to climb to the top of the tower. Today, however, I had exhausted every shot I could get from the ground and finally made my way to the top.

Though I cheated and used the ladder built into the back to get up, it was still kind of scary. The rungs of the ladder were pretty spread out, and the combination of pants and short legs didn't help. Plus the tower would shake a little when a strong gust of wind blew. But this shot was much better then what I shot on the ground.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, this is for you Denise:

Be Be Your Love by Rachael Yamagata

You know, because you like the song, not because I want to be be your anything. Now I'm gonna have it stuck stuck in my head all night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael, that song is so great it prompted me to write my first-ever blog comment to thank you. It's so beautiful, I almost cry every time I hear it. Your blog is now officially my favorite ever.

Ken said...

I did a similar shot a few years ago without the same great payoff. When I did it I was on the inside of one of those transportable clibing walls and the inside only had structural cross beams to climb up. That was scary enough for me to almost pee my pants, but the worst part was when I got stung in the hand by a wasp. It was really hard to climb after that, but I was already more than half way up the ladder.

Anyway, nice shot.

Ken