Saturday, October 07, 2006

Me and My Shadow

So this morning I had to get up at the ungodly hour of 6 a.m. to shoot a charity bike race for the newspaper. I was not happy, but I figured it would give me a chance to play a little with the morning light.

I didn't necessarily intend to shoot a silhouette this morning, but I was desperately trying to avoid my shadow. Yesterday and all day today, it has been trying to worm its way into my images.

Photographer Tip #64: Always know where you are in relation to your remote flash.

Is my posture really that bad? Good lord, it looks like I need to be locked up in a bell tower or something.

In bad segue news, I finally pushed past the Regina Spektor portion of the CD my brother burned for me a few weeks ago, and I am exploring some new music. I'm really digging on the Koufax he included. They are a little indie band from the Midwest, and their stuff is pretty cool. Poppy, catchy and fun, it's worth checking out. These are from their CD Social Life, which came out a few years ago.

Let Us Know.mp3
Bright Side.mp3
Younger Body, Older Soul.mp3

No comments: