Monday, October 09, 2006

Wal-Mart Is So Gay


I was between assignments the other day and I found these people outside a local Wal-Mart, protesting what they see as Wal-Mart's pro-gay policies. (As a side note, I really love when Wal-Mart protestors use a sad smiley face with their signs. It makes me smile.)

A little background: The newspaper I work for did a story about Wal-Mart joining some Gay/Lesbian Chamber of Commerce a few weeks ago, and people just went crazy. The story has had over 1,100 comments on the paper's web site to date.

My brother works for Wal-Mart and tells me things about how they operate, so I have my own opinion about the company. It seems to me Wal-Mart is doing this just so they can market to the gays and take more of their money, not so they can actually help or support their lifestyle. But who knows. If they come out with a smiley face that looks like this:

then we'll know their real agenda.

Hmm, I think I now have a front runner for my Halloween costume: the gay smiley. It would kill! Now if I can get someone to dress up as Lee Scott and make out with me all night...

2 comments:

Eric said...

When you see a headline you have to wonder if gay means GAY or if gay means "that's so gay" in the 12-year old sense. Because sometimes Wal-Mart can be so gay.

Anonymous said...

i so love those pictures that you took.

n.i.c.e

-smiles-