Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween Happenings

Over the weekend I covered three different fall festivals. When did people stop saying Halloween party? Anyway, the first one I went to at was a non-profit preschool's party, and I really wanted to shoot something good.

I thought this ended up being kind of nice. I think there was a better photo to be had if I worked the situation a little differently, but I still like it.

No costumes in this one. This was at my second fall festival, and the juggler was part of the entertainment. There is a juggler at pretty much every event at the center this was held at, the Jones Center for Families, but I thought the vibrant colors and the framing made this work.

And with this photo, I just thought it was kind of funny that kids were dressing up like Mitch Mustain, the University of Arkansas quarterback. Imagine being 18 years old and having little children dress up as you for Halloween. In fact, when he was a senior at Springdale High School, I think I remember kids already dressing up as Mitch. Crazy.

And a little update: I ditched EZArchive and uploaded the music to my web site. I'm not sure why I just didn't do that in the first place, but all the mp3 links on this page should work now. I'll still keep removing the music links once the post falls off the front page, but now that I have more space I can upload more music at once. We'll see if this works any better.

No comments: