Thursday, October 26, 2006

Roller Girls

I shot a Rollergirls roller derby practice recently, and the story and photos come out in the newspaper I work for tomorrow.

With all the action going on, this photo of one of the girls stretching her legs before practice was my favorite. I'm not sure what that says about everything else I shot. I spent most of my time battling the light. The roller rink was so dark. I used an off-camera flash to light her legs, and a remote flash sitting on the rink floor aimed at the back wall to make this shot. It was all down hill from there.

------

By the way, EZArchive, the site I use to share my mp3s, is going through a system upgrade, so most likely all the music on this page doesn't work. I've looked at their new interface and tried to upload a few songs to share today, but it wasn't working right. Its needlessly complicated and annoying, so I may switch service in the next few days. Sorry.

No comments: